How can Family Support Network of Eastern NC help you?
– Put you in touch with other parents who have gone through a similar situation.
– Provide a “listening ear”
– Train volunteers to work with other parents in similar situation
– Provide free information and help you find appropriate resources in your community.
– All services are confidential
– Family Support Network of Eastern North Carolina programs provided free of charge.
Who are the volunteer parents?
Our volunteer parents, called Mentor (Support Parents), have children with special needs, or chronic illness. Some parents had a baby born prematurely or have experienced the death of a child. They have gone through training on communication and listening skills, and the grieving process.